Thank you for using Wishstore!
Here you'll find some details on the information we collect, how we use it and how you can manage your privacy. If there's anything in here that's not clear or you'd like some more information on don't hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, email address, birthday or any other information you provide us when you sign up. If you're using Wishstore on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You can also give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information is almost always created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Wishstore, our servers automatically record information ("log data"), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or that your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Wishstore on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
The primary use case for the data we collect is to help us analyse the different users we have on the site to better understand how people are interacting with Wishstore and their preferences to help us understand what's working and what's not so we can develop Wishstore for the better.
In addition we may use the data in the following ways:
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Wishstore and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customised content, including:
- Suggesting items you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in gardening by adding items to your Wishstore we may suggest other related products you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you purchased a rowing machine on Wishstore, we may show you ads for other gym products.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- For example we may send you reminders of friend's upcoming birthdays, send you a reminder around the time of your birthday to fill your Wishstore, or let you know about trending products or seasonal occasions. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Wishstore. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Wishstore when they first sign up for Wishtore. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Wishstore using your name and email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information and combinations of both types as described above. We may use or store information wherever Wishstore does business, including in countries other than your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Wishstore account, many of the choices you have on Wishstore are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, c
- Link or unlink your account from an account on another service (e.g. Facebook or Twitter). For some services (such as Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Wishstore to that service.
- Choose to make your account private – in this way you have will have the choice to accept or decline friends to see your Wishstore rather than make it public.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we'll deactivate it and remove you from Wishstore. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
In addition to the examples above, we offer other choices that you can learn more about at our Help Centre.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Wishstore. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices regarding how and whether your location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Anyone can see the Wishstore you create, and the profile information you give us unless you make it private. There are very few instances in which we would share your date - the only limited instances where this might happen include::
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (such as Facebook or Twitter) when you've chosen to link your Wishstore account to those services or publish your activity on Wishstore to them. For example, you can choose to publish your list to Facebook.
- Online advertisers typically use third-party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Wishstore. To learn more, please see our Help Centre.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights or property of the public, any person, or Wishstore; or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Wishstore how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on an item after viewing it.
Our policy on children's information
Wishstore is not aimed at children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Wishstore after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.Effective: 26th October 2016